By joining our team of dedicated volunteers, you will be helping Valley Oak SPCA in its mission to provide the resources and support necessary to build lifelong relationships between people and pets. There are many ways you can help. We provide programs that fit your schedule and utilize your skills and talents. Whether you’re interested in working our Mobile Pet Adoptions or as an office assistant, each and every job makes a difference in the lives of the homeless animals.
Requirements to Become a Volunteer
- Fill out a volunteer application available at the front counter at our shelter located at 29016 Highway 99 (frontage road between Caldwell/Ave 280 and the Visalia Airport), any of our Mobile Adoption events, or on our website at www.vospca.org. Please be sure to get your application turned into Valley Oak SPCA’s Volunteer Supervisor before attending an orientation.
- Potential volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation class. This will give you an opportunity to learn about the organization and ask question about the various programs.
- Adult volunteer positions are for those aged 18 and older.
- Youth volunteers, ages 12-15, are required to work along-side a parent, guardian or another adult over 18 years old and they must attend the orientation class together.
- Volunteers are required to make a six-month commitment with a minimum of eight hours per month. Many assignments are a minimum of two or four hour shifts.
Ready to Be a Volunteer?
2. Mail, fax, or drop off this document to:
Valley Oak SPCA
29016 Hwy 99
Visalia, CA 93277
Fax: (559) 651-3220
3. Attend a Volunteer Orientation Class. After we receive your application, a staff member will contact you to schedule your orientation appointment.
If you are an animal lover interested in providing love and some of your time, please call (559) 713-4688.