Thank you for your interest in helping Valley Oak SPCA! By joining our team of dedicated volunteers, you will be helping Valley Oak SPCA in its mission to provide the resources and support necessary to build lifelong relationships between people and pets. There are many ways you can help. We provide programs that fit your schedule and utilize your skills and talents. Whether you’re interested in working with adoptions, events or as an office assistant, each and every job makes a difference in the lives of the homeless animals.
Valley Oak SPCA is always taking volunteer applications. New volunteer orientations are held monthly. We offer training and hold volunteer meetings every month where you can learn about projects and programs.
Volunteers working at Adoption Center assist with socializing dogs and cats, giving them opportunities to exercise or cuddle, they help clean kennels, groom and walk the dogs. Valley Oak SPCA volunteers help by working at offsite events, including adoption events and educational tables. They help us raise money for major events, distribute flyers, post our information on social media, and they help us make people aware of responsible pet care, ownership and the importance of spaying and neutering their pets.
Requirements to Become a Volunteer
- Fill out a Volunteer application available at our Adoption Center, the front counter at the Visalia Animal Care Center located at 29016 Highway 99 (frontage road between Caldwell/Ave 280 and the Visalia Airport), any of our Mobile Adoption events, or on our website at www.vospca.org. Please be sure to get your application turned into Valley Oak SPCA’s Volunteer Coordinator before attending an orientation.
- Potential volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation class. This will give you an opportunity to learn about the organization and ask question about the various programs.
- Youth volunteers ages 12-15 are required to work along-side a parent, guardian or another adult over 18 years old and they must attend the orientation class together. Volunteers ages 16 and older can volunteer on their own following orientation.
- Volunteers are required to make a six-month commitment with a minimum of eight hours per month. Many assignments are a minimum of two or four hour shifts.
Ready to Be a Volunteer?
2. Mail, fax, or drop off this document to:
Valley Oak SPCA Adoption Center
29010 Hwy 99
Visalia, CA 93277
Fax: (559) 651-3220
3. Attend a Volunteer Orientation. After we receive your application, a staff member will contact you to schedule your orientation.
For more information please call (559) 651-1111.